Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 -It Starts

Hello. It is a new year. 2013. And with this new year comes a change. I spend too much money. I am not in debt, but I need to change my spending habits. So for one year, this year, I am going to dramatically change the way I manage my money.

I read a quote that has stuck with me. The quote was "It isn't how much you make, but how much you can save." This year I really want to take that to heart and focus on increasing my savings while seeing. It will be my mantra.

I have developed a set of rules to follow and I will be tracking my spending with an app on my phone and monthly finance reviews. I will post the rules later to help me not forget them.

I don't think of this as a new year's resolution. I think of it as a personality change. An upgrade.

This is also just an initial step so know I approach this humbly knowing it will be difficult and that there are others out there who have to make similar decisions out of necessity instead of in the spirit of self improvement.

Hoping it will be a good year for all of us.

ASE

No comments:

Post a Comment